Search for Real Estate in Davisville Village
Davisville Village is an area of Toronto near the intersection of Davisville Avenue and Yonge Street. The area directly abuts Mount Pleasant Cemetery, and has a large number of massive apartment and condominium complexes built between the 1970s and the 2000s, as well as a number of office buildings. The area is an attractive area in Midtown Toronto between St Clair and Eglinton.
Davisville Village is named after John Davis, who immigrated to Canada from Staffordshire, England in 1840. John Davis served as Davisville's first postmaster and helped found the Davisville Public School. He also operated the Davis Pottery Company, which became the Village's largest employer. The Davis Pottery Company was originally located on Davisville Avenue which was the main source of activity through the nineteenth century. Wood and paper mills also existed in the area. Neither currently exists.
The majority of Davisville houses were built in the 1920's and 1930's. The houses west of Mount Pleasant Road are mostly large two and three-storey English Cottage and Edwardian-style homes. There are also a number of duplexes and walk-up apartment buildings in this area. The houses east of Mount Pleasant Road are made up primarily of smaller detached houses, semi-detached houses and bungalows. This part of the neighbourhood also contains a handful of historical homes from the late 1800's, and a growing number of new custom built homes. Davisville Village also contains a number of newer condominium apartment buildings located mostly on Merton and Balliol Streets and along Eglinton Avenue. A plethora of rental high-rise apartment buildings are situated on Davisville Avenue.
- (Public) Davisville Junior School, 43 Millwood Rd.
- (Public) Metro Toronto School for the Deaf, 43 Millwood Rd.
- (Public) Eglinton Junior School, 223 Eglinton Ave. East
- (Public) Hodgson Senior School, 282 Davisville Ave.
- (Public) Maurice Cody Junior , 364 Belsize Dr.
- (Public) Spectrum Senior Alternative School, 223 Eglinton Ave. East
- (Public Highschool) North Toronto Collegiate Institute, 70 Roehampton Ave.
- (Public Highschool) Northern Secondary School, 851 Mt.Pleasant Rd.
- Blue Wave Child Care Centre, 50 Duncairn Rd.
- Central Montessori Schools - York Mills Campus, 18 Coldwater Rd.
- Childlife Preschool, 19 Don Ridge Dr.
- Denlow Community Child Care Centre, 50 Denlow Blvd.